Q: Why study with Career Accelerators?
A: When you study with us:
You will learn:
- How to ensure client’s safety and wellbeing
- Ethical framework applications and duty of care
- How to establish rapport through empathy and sensitive communicating
- Clearly define your client’s goals and desires for positive change
- How to facilitate your client’s journey to achieve self discovery and wellbeing
- You can practice within your scope of expertise and understand when and where to refer otherwise
- You will learn to respect and work with the emotions, thoughts and behavioural patterns of others
- You will have an eclectic set of tools that can be integrated in order to assist your clients to move towards a state of self empowerment and life mastery
Q: Are your courses government accredited – and does this matter?
A: Our courses were once government accredited but are no longer. Does it matter? Not at all. In Australia we are fortunate that hypnotherapy, like counselling, is a self-regulated industry where peak national bodies (such as the Australian Hypnotherapists Association) decide which courses and training will be industry recognised in Australia. Self-regulation means innovation in our hypnotherapy and freedom to explore hypnosis in many areas, including past life therapy. With that said, it is important that if you want to be a professional hypnotherapist you need to be recognised by peak national bodies. All our courses and training are recognised by the Australian Hypnotherapists Association (AHA) so you can be assured of our reputation in Australia for providing quality training.
Q: What associations recognise your courses and training?
A: On our home page you will see all the associations affiliated with our college. The main industry body that recognises our courses and training is the Australian Hypnotherapists Association (AHA), as follows:
- Foundation in Hypnotherapy – eligible for Student Membership at the AHA
- Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy – eligible for Professional Membership at the AHA
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy – eligible for Clinical Membership at the AHA
Q: Can I get credits towards a government accredited course later?
A: Yes, if you complete our Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, we can offer you a pathway into government accredited training for an Advanced Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy.
Q: When can I start my course?
A: You can enrol at any time in our home study modules by paying a deposit of $195.
Q: Can I pay in installments?
A: Yes. Installments may vary depending on the length of your study plan.
Q: Do we get a discount if two of us enrol together?
A: You may claim a 10% discount on fees if you and a friend enrol in courses at the same time. This discount cannot be used with the early bird special offers.
Q: What is your most popular course?
A: The Certificate of Clinical Hypnotherapy is by far our most popular course. This qualification consists of 7 days of practical training plus 4 home study modules. Graduates are eligible for membership at the Australian Hypnotherapists’ Association (AHA) at Professional Member level. This level of membership comes with a Practitioner Number for those health funds that recognise hypnotherapy.
Q: What happens if I have to stop studying for a while? (Such as get sick, go on holidays, have a baby, etc.)
A: Apply for an extension. It’s okay to take a break, but you will need to make the request in writing by emailing us.
Q: Do I need any extra books/resources?
A: You receive all essential reference material. However, we always recommend extra reading and your tutor can advise you accordingly.
Q: What tutor support will I receive?
A: Student support is always available via telephone, email or in person. Coaching and mentoring consultations will take place periodically throughout your course of study with your tutor(s) either face-to-face or via telephone.
Q: Do you offer a Professional Development Course ( CPD / CPE / OPD ) ?
A: We offer a range of courses from half a day, to one day to several days in varying subjects for your professional development and to satisfy your professional association needs.
Q: How long does a Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy take to complete?
A: Commonly around 12 months, and this includes 14 days of practical training and home study.